Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spite is Not Marketing Strategy


Over the past few weeks, I've seen some individuals using spite and or attacks to try and push themselves ahead of their competitors. I imagine in their minds, painting the competition in a poor light makes their own products, skills and services look that much better. Unfortunately for them, they've missed a key lesson in both life and marketing. If you have to make someone else look bad in order to make yourself look or feel good, you've got a long way to go.

I think a well timed piece of PR can do an excellent job of showing your company in a positive light when a competitor has fallen on their face. In fact, offering a positive alternative when folks are upset with one company tends to be a great difference between portraying yourself as positive alternative and kicking someone in the ribs when they're already on the ground.

Today I'm going to show you another finished design brochure that we made for a designing company in Florida. This company was a product of my wishful thinking that someday, there will be a company outside the Philippines who will serve as my marketing arm to produce outsource projects to my team. Lucky enough in 2006, I was referred by my former boss.

The design was approved around 1AM of April 13, 2008 as I continuously coordinating with my client over Yahoo Messenger. This is the 8th project given to us and I want to quote her: "Ok this is it. I like version D. We've hit the jackpot."

Silver Hawk (code name)
Project Manager
WebSupportGroup (Your Freelance Team)
www.websupportgroup.com
Cebu City, Philippines

No comments: