Saturday, April 26, 2008

How Do You Review Someone Else's Design?

I was invited to work on a project for a food package to redesign and focus on improving the image of their product. This was not an easy task because as an outsider from this Food Company (name withheld), I must put myself on their shoes of how they want to present their brand name and products altogether.

At 8:30PM, Saturday (Jan. 19, 2008) I got an email from my graphic artist for his design studies and discussed with him the details and revisions over the phone minutes after. We discussed a lot of stuff of how I perceived the image. This is a repeat client so I know how satisfied they are with our services.

I love this type of freelance work aside from having a regular day time job because this increases my network. I don't have an advertising background from college but being aware of my thoughts and how sensitive I am to the designing process has lead me to some heights creating and molding my freelance team of graphic artists and web developers. I'm a creative person if you look at it from a different angle.

One example I shared with my graphic artist is when buying a cake. First, you look at how it was presented. Check the name tag and lastly you look at the price. Price comes with quality. And I don't think you can ask the counter for a free tasting! (chuckles)

I help individuals earn extra living as we help each other grow collectively. I'm happy as long as they are happy with what they earn from each project.

This is another blog worth sharing for those aspiring entrepreneurs here and abroad.

All the best for 2008!

Silver Hawk (code name)
Project Manager
WebSupportGroup (Your Freelance Team)
www.websupportgroup.com
Cebu City, Philippines

No comments: